Sunday, March 11, 2012

Watercolor, you beautiful bitch.

There is something so beautiful and calming about watercolor paintings that just move me.  It always looks so effortless.  The way the colors blend so beautifully..ugh I'm so jealous!  What I don't like about trying to do a watercolor painting is the loss of control that I have.  It's a good & bad thing I guess.  When I'm drawing I can easily fix a mistake, but with paint in general, you can't really go back to fix something so it looks just right.  And then you need to make sure you have the right colors blending in..agh!

Side note!  I feel as though I should mention on here that a lot of my drawings on here will be in black and white.  Even though I've been drawing since like..birth, I still cannot master color.  I will take a color theory or drawing class soon, so I can't wait to show some progress on that aspect with you guys.  I've never had any formal teaching.  I draw what I see or what I can come up with in my head.  I'm not good at shading, angles..all that technical good stuff.  Which can kind of be a good thing too, it's more organic.


I just started playing around with watercolor and here are 2 "paintings" that I have done.  Constructive criticism   is always appreciated ;)

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

I'm obviously a super beginner when it comes to painting anything.  I'd just thought I would share my process of becoming comfortable with paintings with you guys =]

No comments:

Post a Comment